Tuesday, September 21, 2010

10-33 Trails and Beach at Cape Blanco, OR

After we do the morning shift at the lighthouse, if it is a nice day I like to walk the mile back to the campground. The scenery is magnificent, the air is cold (to me) and clear. The wind blows over the grassland as I walk through and then subsides as I enter into the wooded area. We have had a few nice days where the walk is very pleasant. I just wanted to share some of the views I see as I walk back tot the RV

.

100_7393100_7392

The path back to the campground overlooking the shoreline with the lighthouse in the background, before we enter the forest.

100_7394100_7397

The path back to the campground through the woods.

Mushrooms and ferns and moss! A day after a light shower.

100_7400100_7405

Horses and riders greeted us as we descended the steep path down to the sand. The lighthouse far off in the distance, surrounded by steep bluffs and rock sentinels in the ocean.

Driftwood on the beach.

100_7408

Dixie and Gidget. A peaceful day on the beach

100_7410

Footsteps in the sand. (actually they are hoof prints, but I just love the look of the path of footsteps)

No comments: