Saturday, December 19, 2009

#164 Depoe Bay, OR 12-8 thru 12-14 (only Dixie)

A very wonderful lady, and a great friend, needed some help. So I (Dixie) flew to Portland, OR, where Linda picked me up and drove to Depoe Bay, to spend six days doing computer work, and doing whatever I could do to help her!

Frank stayed with the RV in Indio with Gidget.

100_6268

December 8, Frank drove Dixie to Ontario airport through the Coachella Valley, a beautiful valley surrounded by snow capped mountains, viewed through the palm trees and gorgeous blue sky.

100_6269

Our first day in Depoe Bay, we woke up to icicles handing from the escarpment over the ocean water. I know the temperature at one time was 22 degrees.

100_6272

We walked to the Post Office to pick up the mail and then to the sea wall to view this “unusually” cold snap on the coast! As you can see I was well clothed. Linda said I was the only person on the coast wearing ear muffs. At least my ears were warm!

100_6273

Linda loves the cold weather, she is only wearing a sweatshirt, no gloves, no hat and loving the ice!

100_6275

Knowing her best friend was a “sun bunny,” Linda made me a bed right in front of the fireplace. Ah, warmth. I look like a bundled up mermaid!

100_6277

Duffy, the cat liked my yarn, he also liked getting on the bed in front of the fire. No dumb cat here!

We worked every day on the computer, gathering information, fixing lost icons, and getting reports for the CPA to do tax returns. It was definitely a working week, with a little time off for sight seeing.

100_6274

Our last evening together we decorated the tree and hung lights over the window. A little tree with pink and raspberry colored decorations. Beautiful.

On the last day, (Dec. 14). I finally packed away my thermal’s and put on regular clothes as we headed to the airport and on to the sunshine in Southern CA.

I missed a big storm that battered Portland the next day. Good timing!

Coachella Valley is sunny, warm in the 70’s and I’m wearing T shirts again! It’s really good to be home, back with Frank and busy getting ready for Christmas.

No comments: